2014年12月5日金曜日

Three questions for... ...Ana. Ana is 25 years old and comes from Brazil. She i...

Three questions for...



...Ana. Ana is 25 years old and comes from Brazil. She is currently working as an Application Engineer for ZEISS in Oberkochen, Germany. We talked to her about her career path and her experience of living in Germany:



You have had quite an interesting career path, involving a brave decision. Could you tell us a bit about it?



I studied engineering in Brazil. During my studies, I had the chance to work as a student in the lab of the university. My supervisor at the university did his PhD with ZEISS. As I was interested in working abroad, he supported me in securing an internship position at ZEISS in Germany. The internship started in 2011 and lasted eleven months. The department where I completed the internship is the department I am working in now. My supervisor for the internship additionally gave me the opportunity to complete another internship with ZEISS in Shenzhen, China. After successfully completing my studies in Brazil, I received a job offer from ZEISS in Oberkochen, Germany.



When you were offered the position, were you slow to accept it? What was it like leaving everything behind to follow your career path in Germany?



I didn’t hesitate and accepted the job offer promptly.

Many people cannot understand me leaving Brazil and moving to Aalen in South Germany, but for me the decision was easy – working for a great innovative company like ZEISS is really exciting.



What challenges do you face living in Germany? If you had another chance, would you take the same decision again?



The various German dialects represent a personal challenge for me. However, I do not regret my decision to work for ZEISS in Germany. I think I made exactly the right decision. Nevertheless, I travel home to Brazil regularly to visit my family and friends – and to escape the rain and snow in Germany!



Ana, muito obrigada for this interview! We wish you all the best for your future in Germany.









from ZEISS Group's Facebook Wall

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿